We are based in Ottawa, Ontario and have provided team building programs and training from coast to coast in Canada and the USA.
We can provide a session that teaches your group how to run team building activities or that equips experienced team builders with new tools.
Giving yourself permission to play has been proven to lower stress, increase feelings of well-being, increase energy, and improve quality of life!
Our largest team building program was for over 600 participants! Whatever the size of your group, big or small, we can tailor an experience that is just right for you.
What are your hopes for your team? What would you like for them to take away from their team building experience? Tell us and we’ll put together a program that helps to achieve that!
Play is powerful! Team building is play with purpose!
Having fun helps people bond and overcome existing barriers. Doing something out of the ordinary nudges people out of old patterns they’ve gotten stuck in. A simple team building program can free participants to take on challenges together with a whole new perspective!
Want your team to learn how to run team building activites or build up their collection of tools to use with your clients? We love sharing what we have in our toolbox!
- Increased positive and constructive interactions between team members
- Improved quality of communication
- Identification of more strengths within the team to celebrate
- Identification of areas for growth and concrete action steps identified for moving forward
- Increased confidence running team building activities for others
- Icebreaker games to build connections between participants
- A sequence of team building activities that address participant needs and identified goals
- Debriefs that connect what has been learned during the experience to everyday life
- Professional facilitation that helps participants to lean into discomfort and navigate difficult discussions when needed
Want to learn how to facilitate?
Would you like for your participants to learn how to facilitate team building? If you would like your group to learn team building activities and debriefs in order to start or to expand the collection of tools at their disposal you can request this as your program focus. If you would like to invest in your team’s professional development, equipping them to become professional facilitators who stand out in the industry, please contact our office for more details.
3 hours is the recommended minimum, however, we can tailor shorter programs to meet your needs and you can book up to 8 hours in one day of hands-on program time at no additional charge. Multi-day programming is available.
$1400 +tx flat fee
$1250 +tx for schools, camps, employment programs, and non-profit initiatives
Additional charges may apply for groups with more than 120 participants or for travel outside of the Greater Ottawa Region
Discounts apply for multi-day programs
If the cost would be prohibitive please still contact us to discuss tailoring a program that would meet your budget
There is no minimum or maximum number of participants
This experience is beneficial for all ages
We will gather information from you about the space you are working with and tailor the program accordingly whether you’ll be in a gym, board room, field, conference room, anywhere! Outdoor team building is fantastic and adds to any experience and if you plan on having your program outdoors please just make sure you have an indoor backup space prepared in case of inclement weather.
We will provide certificates of participation upon request
All sessions count towards professional facilitator portfolio hours
FAQ - What activities will we be doing?
That will depend entirely on the age, demographic, goals/themes, challenges, and program space available. We will gather the necessary information when booking your event to make sure your program is the perfect fit.Our facilitators will then arrive with both the planned activities specifically chosen to match your needs and with additional tools available to bend and flex as they observe the group dynamics in person. This may mean modifying the challenges to increase difficulty and push participants to the next level when they are ready for it, or switching in another activity to address an area for growth which has revealed itself. Groups also surprise themselves by sometimes racing through or spending an extended period of time completing a challenge and our facilitators are ready for both scenarios. Your program will truly be tailored from beginning to end so that participants get the most from their time together.
Our facilitators will then arrive with both the planned activities specifically chosen to match your needs and with additional tools available to bend and flex as they observe the group dynamics in person. This may mean modifying the challenges to increase difficulty and push participants to the next level when they are ready for it, or switching in another activity to address an area for growth which has revealed itself. Groups also surprise themselves by sometimes racing through or spending an extended period of time completing a challenge and our facilitators are ready for both scenarios. Your program will truly be tailored from beginning to end so that participants get the most from their time together.
So while we can not always say with certainty exactly what activities will be included there are a few things you can always count on.
1) You will not be asked to leave the ground. Participants will not be asked to lift, carry, or catch another person. Open Door Development does not use tools that include these elements (ex. Trust Falls) unless specifically requested by and previously discussed with the client.
2) You will not be asked to perform extreme stunts. Our tools are wonderfully out of the ordinary while not requiring you to have Fear Factor grit to complete them.
3) Your activities will be appropriate for the age range and physical abilities of the group. We get that not everyone can bend the way they used to, and that specific physical or learning needs may exist within the group. We’ll be sure to choose and tailor activities that allow everyone to participate 100%.
4) Your activities will be appropriate for the maturity of the group. While we like to have fun with the stories to keep people engaged (you might need to watch out for piranha at some point), the challenge itself will stretch the group appropriately based on their age, demographic, and reason for gathering together.
Each of our team building facilitators brings extensive knowledge and experience to the table so that they can run programs that challenge and inspire while protecting the physical and emotional well-being of all participants at all times.
Whether participants will be business professionals in three-piece suits participating in professional development, or students participating in a team building fun day, or individuals with a history of violence participating in a recovery program, our staff are equipped to provide professional programming that is the right fit. If you have any questions or concerns due to the specific needs of your group or would like to request specific activities be included or not included, we invite you to contact our office and we will be happy to speak further!
Bring your unused keys from your junk drawer or that are taking up space on your keychain to class and donate them to our KEYS TO SUCCESS program. The money raised is used to provide training to those who have difficulty accessing it such as leadership development for youth at risk, first aid training for women's shelters and more!
2954 St. Joseph Blvd.